There are foods that boost energy, sharpen memory, and even fight flab. But these aphrodisiac snacks serve a sexier purpose: They improve your sex life.
Feast on these foods to feel friskier:
1. Hot Peppers Capsaicin, a chemical found in fiery peppers, increases circulation to get blood pumping and stimulates nerve endings so you’ll feel more turned on.
2. Asparagus & Avocados The vitamin E in these green eats helps churn out hormones like testosterone, estrogen, and progesterone, which circulate in your bloodstream and stimulate sexual responses like clitoral swelling and vaginal lubrication.
3. Bananas Chiquitas deliver potassium, a nutrient key to muscle strength. So when you orgasm, the contractions will be super intense.
5. Oysters It sounds so clichéd, but they really can spark randiness. Oysters are brimming with zinc, a mineral that cranks up the production of testosterone, which has been linked to a higher sex drive.
6. Pomegranates The pom owes its passion power to antioxidants, which protect the lining of blood vessels, allowing more blood to course through them. The upshot? Increased genital sensitivity.
7. Red Wine Besides relaxing you faster than a neck rub can, red wine contains resveratrol, an antioxidant that helps boost blood flow and improves circulation before and during intercourse.
8. Salmon & Walnuts They’re packed with omega-3 fatty acids, which keep sex-hormone production at its peak. Pumpkin seeds and flaxseeds also contain the good stuff.
10. Watermelon Make yours a watermelon martini. The juicy fruit contains the phytonutrient citrulline, which leads to an uptick in the amount of nitric oxide in your body. That spike causes blood vessels to relax and speeds up circulation. As a result, you’ll get more aroused in less time.
– Molly Triffin